Somewhere I Belong...

Saturday, September 02, 2006

Driver driving good

I wasnt fortunate like most of my friends to get my licence at 17. Money needed to be spent on food and bills rather than on me learning to drive. I admit I used to look at my friends driving in their parents' cars with a tinge of jealousy.

Even when my mother bought a car, I should have been compelled to get my licence, but I had to choose between money for UWI or a licence.

I made an attempt in 2000/2001 to get my licence, but I failed the yard test. I was so traumatised that I waited till 2005 to make my second attempt. This time I passed. YAY me!

So I had my licence...and no car to drive. So that was a bust. One of my friends was so kind as to let me drive her car around school. Then on Friday, another friend let me drive from school to mall. I liked it! I liked driving myself around, getting from point A to point B. And I imagined myself doing that on a regular basis......... and it felt good.

Now the interest rate in the bank is steadily going up, so I dont know if I can afford to get a car, but I really want one. I can go to all those events that I have to deny myself because of mo transport. So we'll see how things go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home